News, Tips, & Blogs RSS
Winter is coming…and that means that so are the germs and illnesses that always seem to flourish during the season. Whether you have children in school that bring homes germs, you go to an office full of people sneezing and coughing, or you just live your daily life and encounter germs, they seem to be everywhere. And, when you encounter those germs out in the world, you ultimately bring them into your home. While you may not be able to ward off every cold and flu bug that comes your way during the winter, you can significantly improve your chances of avoiding illness by using a steam cleaner throughout your home.
Moving into a new home is exciting but getting rid of the previous owner’s smells and stains is not so exciting. The last thing you want to do is move your upholstered furniture, drapery, mattresses, towels, and bedding into a home that has the previous owner’s odors. And nobody wants to look at unsightly grout or gross carpet stains that someone else caused. Moving into a new home is a fresh start so don’t let it be diminished by odors and stains – steam clean your new home before moving in for the fresh start you want!
“You have mold” are some of the most dreaded words that any homeowner can hear. Mold is not only terrible for your home but incredibly dangerous for your health. The New York Times describes just how scary mold can be if it is growing in your home, “MOLD can cause health problems that range from itching eyes, sneezing and coughing to serious allergic reactions, asthma attacks and even permanent lung damage. And what many people do not know is that mold could be growing in their homes right now… The cost of such a cleanup can range from thousands to tens of thousands of dollars.” While there are certainly some old infestations that require the assistance of a professional to properly clean and eradicate the mold, when caught early, many homeowners can clean the mold with one powerful tool – a steam cleaner.
Spring is upon us and while that means many things – baseball, flowers, picnics, and more – it also means something a little less fun, cleaning. Spring cleaning can feel like a big task, especially if you have neglected a few things during the winter months. But, the task is not insurmountable and it does not have to take you all of spring to accomplish your entire spring cleaning list. A Vapamore steam cleaner is the ideal spring cleaning tool because it will not use costly and harmful harsh chemical cleaning products. It only uses water that has been heated to such a high degree that it produces a steam capable of disinfection. That steam is then propelled at a high rate through a focused nozzle and directed right at the area you need to clean. With such concentrated cleaning power, dirt, grime, grease, bacteria and more are lifted from porous surfaces and completely cleaned and disinfected.
Whether you are preparing for the arrival of a brand new baby or cleaning for your existing child, you want to create the safest environment in which to raise your child. It can be just to keep a clean home and car but even more so to protect your children from germs and bacteria. Small children in particular love to put things in their mouth. It is natural for your baby or toddler to constantly put things in their mouth; it is their way of learning about things. But, between your child crawling around on the floor and shoving anything they can find in their mouth, their tiny bodies are exposed to a lot of germs. You have three options – don’t clean and your house will become a germ-filled mess, clean with chemical-filled cleaning products that will likely then be ingested by your child, or opt for steam cleaning which uses no chemicals and is a green cleaning option.
- Use your Vapamore steam cleaner to clean and disinfect all surfaces in the kitchen and bathroom including, ovens, grills, appliances, sinks, faucets, showers, toilets, mirrors, tile, baby toys, pet accessories, carpet or upholstery stains, stone floors, vinyl floors, wood floors, grout, freezers, garage floors and windows. Your steam cleaner can also clean fitness and workout equipment, sports gear, golf clubs and more. Further, steam cleaning is great from cleaning HVAC equipment to ensure your HVAC runs properly and provides the best quality air. Additionally, take your Vapamore steam cleaner outside and use it to clean things like our BBQ grill, patio furniture, garage, automobiles, motorcycle, RV, boat or other small ATV recreation vehicles. And, don’t forget to steam clean your jewelry, including rings, necklaces, earrings, bracelets and more.
- CONSTRUCTION SITES:
- Whether you are cleaning a home construction site during a new build or remodel, or a commercial construction site, Vapamore steam cleaners can handle the job. They can remove wallpaper, vinyl and paper stickers, clean up after fire damage, remove stains, remove graffiti, remove ink, and provide general site and equipment cleaning.
- FLOOD AND FIRE RESTORATION:
- If you are cleaning up a site after a floor or fire, a high-powered steam cleaner is the ideal tool because it can remove stains, clean up mold and mildew and help clean up equipment as well.
- ALLERGY CONTROL:
- If you or a loved one suffers from allergies chemical cleaning products may only exacerbate allergies. Asteam cleaner can help keep your home free of allergens such as dust mites, spores, mold and mildew.
- AUTOMOTIVE, MOTORCYCLE, BOAT, RV:
- Maintaining your automobiles, motorcycles, boats and RVs has never been easier. Easily detail the interior including stain removal, as well as clean the exterior including the wheels, brake dust, engine compartment, etc. Additional auto shop uses include grease removal, engine and part cleaning, flushing, and more.
- PEST CONTROL, BED BUGS:
- Pest control typically involves heavy, harsh chemicals and may not fully eradicate your pest problem. High-powered steam cleaning can kill bed bugs, dust mites, and other pests without the use of any chemicals. To learn more about removing bed bugs, see our bed bug videos and treatment pages for more details.
- GROUT CLEANING:
- Grout cleaning can be one of the most difficult cleaning tasks because it requires getting down on the ground and endlessly scrubbing. Steam cleaning makes the process easy and is far more effective. Steam penetrates the grout to lift and remove stains and leaves behind ground that looks like new. Clean grout on your tile and stone floors, as well as showers and enclosures.
- HOSPITALITY, RESTAURANT, COMMERCIAL KITCHENS:
- The hospitality industry must stay clean to provide good service and stay up to code. Use your steam cleaner to economically and efficiently clean ovens, cook surfaces, cutting boards, exhaust hood filters, degrease equipment, sanitize surface, clean grills, reduce and remove odors, clean bathrooms, floors, walls, furniture, air vents and much more.
- GUM REMOVAL:
- Gum is incredibly hard to remove and often can leave stains. Steam cleaning easily lifts and removes gum, as well as cleans stains, to leave behind a clean, undamaged, fully sanitized surface. Steam clean sidewalks, walkways, tile, cement, and other surfaces.
- HOSPITALS AND CARE FACILITIES:
- Hospitals and care facilities can clean patient rooms and equipment including bathroom fixtures, showers, floors, furniture, drapery, hand rails, air vents, wheelchairs, bedding and more. This chemical-free cleaning method is ideal for healthcare settings because it is great for pest control and bed bug prevention/elimination, a helps reduce allergens.
Did you host a lot of guests over the holidays or have a big Super Bowl party that left your home with some stains? It is fun to host events at home but the stains on flooring, grout, or upholstery that sometimes accompany events are no fun at all. Food stains can be very difficult to remove and adding cleaning products to the mix often only makes the problem worse. Steam cleaning is the only way to clean and remove stains effectively and bonus – Vapamore steam cleaners do not use any chemicals.