Whether you are preparing for the arrival of a brand new baby or cleaning for your existing child, you want to create the safest environment in which to raise your child. It can be just to keep a clean home and car but even more so to protect your children from germs and bacteria. Small children in particular love to put things in their mouth. It is natural for your baby or toddler to constantly put things in their mouth; it is their way of learning about things. But, between your child crawling around on the floor and shoving anything they can find in their mouth, their tiny bodies are exposed to a lot of germs. You have three options – don’t clean and your house will become a germ-filled mess, clean with chemical-filled cleaning products that will likely then be ingested by your child, or opt for steam cleaning which uses no chemicals and is a green cleaning option.
- Use your Vapamore steam cleaner to clean and disinfect all surfaces in the kitchen and bathroom including, ovens, grills, appliances, sinks, faucets, showers, toilets, mirrors, tile, baby toys, pet accessories, carpet or upholstery stains, stone floors, vinyl floors, wood floors, grout, freezers, garage floors and windows. Your steam cleaner can also clean fitness and workout equipment, sports gear, golf clubs and more. Further, steam cleaning is great from cleaning HVAC equipment to ensure your HVAC runs properly and provides the best quality air. Additionally, take your Vapamore steam cleaner outside and use it to clean things like our BBQ grill, patio furniture, garage, automobiles, motorcycle, RV, boat or other small ATV recreation vehicles. And, don’t forget to steam clean your jewelry, including rings, necklaces, earrings, bracelets and more.
- CONSTRUCTION SITES:
- Whether you are cleaning a home construction site during a new build or remodel, or a commercial construction site, Vapamore steam cleaners can handle the job. They can remove wallpaper, vinyl and paper stickers, clean up after fire damage, remove stains, remove graffiti, remove ink, and provide general site and equipment cleaning.
- FLOOD AND FIRE RESTORATION:
- If you are cleaning up a site after a floor or fire, a high-powered steam cleaner is the ideal tool because it can remove stains, clean up mold and mildew and help clean up equipment as well.
- ALLERGY CONTROL:
- If you or a loved one suffers from allergies chemical cleaning products may only exacerbate allergies. Asteam cleaner can help keep your home free of allergens such as dust mites, spores, mold and mildew.
- AUTOMOTIVE, MOTORCYCLE, BOAT, RV:
- Maintaining your automobiles, motorcycles, boats and RVs has never been easier. Easily detail the interior including stain removal, as well as clean the exterior including the wheels, brake dust, engine compartment, etc. Additional auto shop uses include grease removal, engine and part cleaning, flushing, and more.
- PEST CONTROL, BED BUGS:
- Pest control typically involves heavy, harsh chemicals and may not fully eradicate your pest problem. High-powered steam cleaning can kill bed bugs, dust mites, and other pests without the use of any chemicals. To learn more about removing bed bugs, see our bed bug videos and treatment pages for more details.
- GROUT CLEANING:
- Grout cleaning can be one of the most difficult cleaning tasks because it requires getting down on the ground and endlessly scrubbing. Steam cleaning makes the process easy and is far more effective. Steam penetrates the grout to lift and remove stains and leaves behind ground that looks like new. Clean grout on your tile and stone floors, as well as showers and enclosures.
- HOSPITALITY, RESTAURANT, COMMERCIAL KITCHENS:
- The hospitality industry must stay clean to provide good service and stay up to code. Use your steam cleaner to economically and efficiently clean ovens, cook surfaces, cutting boards, exhaust hood filters, degrease equipment, sanitize surface, clean grills, reduce and remove odors, clean bathrooms, floors, walls, furniture, air vents and much more.
- GUM REMOVAL:
- Gum is incredibly hard to remove and often can leave stains. Steam cleaning easily lifts and removes gum, as well as cleans stains, to leave behind a clean, undamaged, fully sanitized surface. Steam clean sidewalks, walkways, tile, cement, and other surfaces.
- HOSPITALS AND CARE FACILITIES:
- Hospitals and care facilities can clean patient rooms and equipment including bathroom fixtures, showers, floors, furniture, drapery, hand rails, air vents, wheelchairs, bedding and more. This chemical-free cleaning method is ideal for healthcare settings because it is great for pest control and bed bug prevention/elimination, a helps reduce allergens.
Did you host a lot of guests over the holidays or have a big Super Bowl party that left your home with some stains? It is fun to host events at home but the stains on flooring, grout, or upholstery that sometimes accompany events are no fun at all. Food stains can be very difficult to remove and adding cleaning products to the mix often only makes the problem worse. Steam cleaning is the only way to clean and remove stains effectively and bonus – Vapamore steam cleaners do not use any chemicals.
We have all heard of the “5 second rule” and many of us have probably used it. The 5 second rule applies to dropped food (especially food we really want to eat) and the “rule” states that if it is on the floor for less than 5 seconds it is safe and acceptable to eat. We may not do this as much in public places where the floor seems dirty but are probably more apt to do it in our homes where the floors are relatively “clean.” The problem is – the floor in your home may be far dirtier than you realize, especially if you wear your shoes inside your home. The shoes you wear outside that walk all over the sidewalk, parking lot, offices, schools and other places you visit in a day pick up germs, bacteria, fecal matter and more and if you wear those shoes inside you transfer all of that bacteria to your home’s floor. But, even if you do not wear your shoes inside, just by living in your home there will automatically be bacteria on the floor. Bacteria can transfer to dropped food in just one second so ultimately – the 5 second rule is not really a rule at all.
Biofilm – you may not know what it is but you know it does not sound good. If you have been using chemical cleaning products in your home you may not even realize that surfaces may already contain biofilm. Biofilm is often invisible to the eye (or may be pink in color) but, make no mistake, it is there, and it is not good. CleanLink describes what biofilm is and why it is so concerning, “The film left behind from cleaning products can be a growth medium for microorganisms, a particular problem in moist places. This results in layers that are hard to clean. Biofilm is where microbes establish a colony, similar to slime on a rock or plaque on teeth. “Biodegradable means that microbes feed on it,” says Rathey. “So those residues can actually feed microorganisms.” What’s more, once biofilm becomes entrenched, it becomes very difficult to remove. “Biofilm protects all these living organisms,” says Hicks. “It’s kind of like putting plastic wrap over something.”’
A hospital is supposed to be place a healing and safety. But, what happens when the place you go to get better actually poses its own set of risks to your health? Unfortunately, this is the reality that the healthcare world is facing. Increasingly, hospitals and healthcare facilities are having to deal with patients that acquired an infection such as Staph or MRSA, not from the outside world but from right inside the healthcare facility. There is a reason that doctors, nurses and hospital staff take hand washing and disinfection of surfaces and instruments very seriously, they are dealing with very sick, sometimes contagious patients and infection can spread quickly without the following of proper protocols.
When you think of cleaning odors in the home, the first thing that comes to mind is probably pet odors. And, while that may be the primary odor concern when cleaning, there are other sources or odors within the home including food, bathroom, and smoke. Removing odors can be incredibly tricky because odors often permeate porous surfaces such as upholstery, carpet, grout and more and then linger because those are some of the most difficult surfaces to clean without causing damage. Steam cleaning is the ideal solution because it cleans without chemicals but can permeate porous surfaces to lift and remove dirt, debris and odor without causing damage.