Your flooring sees a lot of wear and tear. You walk in and out of your house, tracking whatever chemicals, dirt, and other residues that are on your shoes from the outside world and bring them right into your home. You walk all over your home every day, your pets walk around, your kids walk around, and the list goes on and on. Needless to say, your floors are not only dirty but probably crawling with bacteria. Chemical cleaning products often don’t thoroughly clean flooring because they can’t get into small crevices and porous surfaces that flooring often has but it will also leave a chemical residue behind that you will then track throughout your home. Fortunately, there is an alternative to chemical cleaning products – steam cleaning. People can be hesitant that steam will not do as thorough a cleaning job as chemical will but steam can actually heat water to such a high degree that it is capable of killing 99% of bacteria. Using a steam cleaner is the most effective, efficient, and economical way to keep almost any flooring type clean and disinfected.
4 Types of Flooring You Can Clean Without Any Chemicals Using Only a Steam Cleaner
- Vinyl Tile or Vinyl Sheet
- Using medium-high heat you can attach the floor cleaning head, microfiber attachment, extension tubes or nylon brush. Then, sweep or vacuum your flooring to remove any loose dirt or debris. Then, mop the floor with the floor cleaning head and microfiber cover. Finally, clean the corners and baseboards with a nylon brush.
- Stone Tile, Slate, Ceramic Tile and Grout
- Using high heat and the floor cleaning head attachment, microfiber attachment, extension tubes, nylon brush attachment, grout brush attachmentand nylon brush jet nozzle, clean your stone tile, slate, ceramic tile and grout flooring. As always, sweep and vacuum first. Then, steam mop with the floor cleaning head and for heavy stains use the microfiber cover. Next, clean the corners and baseboards with the nylon brush and the grout lines with the grout brush. Finally, finish with the floor cleaning head/microfiber cover.
- Smooth Surface Concrete
- Using high heat and the floor cleaning head, micro fiber attachment, extension tubes, grout brush attachment, nylon brush attachment, metal brush attachment, and jet nozzle attachment, clean your smooth surface concrete. Begin by sweeping or vacuuming and then steam mop with the floor cleaning head. For heavy stains, use the microfiber cover. Next, clean the corners and baseboards with the nylon brush and for join lines use the grout or metal brush and/or jet nozzle. Finally, finish with the floor cleaning head/micro fiber attachment.
- For hardwood flooring you can use the steam mop on low to medium heat with the floor cleaning head attachment, micro fiber attachment, and extension tubes. First sweep or vacuum and then steam mop with the floor cleaning head and micro fiber cover.